- Overview of Japanese fermented foods and discussion on benefits of koji fermentation
- Hands-on experience of making your own miso (approx. 1.8kg - worth $70.00) and Shio Koji (salty fermented rice seasoning - worth $9.00) to take home.
- Tasting of miso soup, three varieties of amazake and various koji fermented and miso dishes with recipes
- A jar of miso ($11.80-$12.90) to take home and get you started with your miso life!
We use Certified Australian organic soybean and rice, and BFA certified sea salt for our miso and shio koji.
Time: 1:30pm-4:30pm, Sunday 23rd July 2023
Location: Rice Culture HQ - 4/3 Keller Crescent, Carrara, QLD 4211
Cost: $180.00 - All materials included
What to bring: Apron, pen
* Please note, you will need to look after your miso at home while they ferment for 6 months before you can eat it. Yes, good things take time!
**Cancellation Policy: In case of cancellation, we will refund 50% up until 2 weeks prior to the workshop, 30% up until 2 days prior, and no refund from the day before.